The settlement, organized on a regular basis since the end of the 10th century BC, is set on a fluvial hillock bordered on the east and west by rivers and south by boundary stones. Outside of the town center, beyond the rivers, there are areas of the necropolis. Sporadic finds recovered at the end of ‘800 identify the burial area of the “villa Bortoluzzi– Revedin”, located NW of the town, which could find its continuation towards the SW, in the so-called “Mutera”. As concern the southern necropolis, the tombs found in Via Garibaldi could represent a marginal sector of the wider necropolis Opera Pia Moro, dated between the second half of the 6th and 4th centuries BC, which is made of mound structures that have also gave back two equine tombs. The two identified areas of settlement within the city, marked by different orientations, could be related with the different cores of the necropolis, according to a system of diversified use of cemeteries by the inhabitants of the different districts. The burial areas were arranged probably close to the major transit routes outgoing or incoming in the city; those routes connected Oderzo with the main centers not only of the pre-Roman Veneto, and they have certainly helped to determine the trader importance that emerge from the toponym.
|Titolo:||Oderzo preromana: appunti di topografia tra centro urbano e necropoli|
|Autori interni:||GAMBACURTA, Giovanna|
|Data di pubblicazione:||2016|
|Serie:||BAR. BRITISH SERIES|
|ISBN:||978 1 4073 1476 1|
|Appare nelle tipologie:||3.1 Articolo su libro|